Monday, December 28, 2009

3 pages a day or bust

Hopefully I can make this blog look spiffy soon, but I'm too lazy....

Anyway, I have vowed to myself to write 3 pages in my notebook a day. So far I have been quite successful and even inspired a friend to do the same (E!!!). Here's a lil something I poured out last night:

Familiar

I crave open windows
so everyone in the road
can watch me change from robe
to clothes
I want my skin to be your eyelid

Taste the sweat from my pores
treat it as yours
don't wince at the bitter after taste
I know taste like a bad memory
but if you dig in your psyche
you taste pretty salty too

I have lived inside walls
so familiar
they felt like home
The chairs upholstered in soft, thick skin
stuffed with feathers of plucked chickens
I was most alive when I choked on their bones
felt the air robbed from my lungs
and realized I might die alone

Once I poked a hole
in my airway
and found that air did not ease
my starving throat
So I sucked the marrow
and dreamed of fingers soothing my soul

Fingers that scratch paint
from windows
I feel light on my face
I remember I have freckles
and love when lips grace
my collarbone

I taste my sweat

it doesn't stings my tongue anymore.

1 comment:

  1. eeh. i haven't yet started my quest of 3 pages a day. but i will. soon. i need more discipline. but. good stuff here. inspires me.

    -e/1997

    ReplyDelete